Cheyney House (126, Marine Parade) & the Rock House (124, Marine Parade):
Cheyney House was once the headquarters of the Cheyney Rock Oyster Fishery.
Now a Grade II listed building.
It’s believed Rock House was built around 1816, by the Alston family.
Stable Block to the south west of number 124
A Grade II listed building.
Main construction period assumed to be 1833 to 1866.
Listed building designation: II GV 2. Mid C19. 2 storeys buff brick with hipped slate roof. 7 sashes, mostly with verticals only. 1 square 4-light bay on the ground floor and hipped slate weatherporch.