The Little Mill was situated to the rear of the Masonic Hall in the High Street, and was once owned by Thomas Webb, who later also bought & completed the Great Mill.
Tho mill was worked mostly by Webb, until it was taken over by miller James Clarke. Unfortunately, it burnt down during his occupation on February 7th, 1862.
It was a tarred smock mill, working two pairs of stones. The mill as the name implied, was so small at the top, the only way to get to the top was by placing a ladder through the trap-hatches where the sacks went through.