- IOSSC Weather Cams – several webcams covering the Cheyney Rock area, plus live weather information.
- Colin Penney Misc. Historical Data – lots of useful, but random info.
- Rose Street Cottage of Curiosities
- Blue Town Heritage Center
- Minster Gatehouse Museum
- Sheppey Fossils
- Sheppey Model Engineering – based at Barton’s Point.
- Sheppey Website – sheppey history info.
- IsleOfSheppey.net – directory of local websites.
- Letters from Sheppey – blog about Sheppey including quite a bit of history.
- Sheppey Pictures & Postcards – huge archive of local postcards and photos.
- Francis Frith Collection – small, but high quality photo archive taken in the 1950s/60s.
- Kent Photo Archive – various old photos held by the Maidstone museum.
Historical Research Links:
- CityArk – online catalogue of the Medway Council Archives Service.
- Connected Histories – search British history sources, 1500-1900.
- National Maritime Museum collections – searchable online archive.
- London Gazette – newspaper with extensive searchable online archive.
- Kent Historic Environment Record – searchable database of archaeological sites, finds and buildings in Kent.
- Kent History Forum
- Marine Archive.co.uk – links to lots of useful resources.
- Maidstone Musueum
- Here’s History Kent – Sheerness
- Vision of Britain – a vision of Britain between 1801 and 2001. Including maps, statistical trends and historical description.
- Old Kent Maps
- Old Maps
- Old Maps Online – excellent resource.
- Map of Sheppey from 1574
- Map of Sheppey from 1801
- Map of Sheppey from 1869
- Sheerness 1869
- Navionics Sea Chart
- Westminster Village – page about an area which is no longer in existence.